GUIDELINES FOR GROUP PRAYER
These are only guidelines and not a formula for prayer. Please pray as led by the Holy Spirit.
- Have a purpose and focus in prayer. Decide what you are going to pray about, bearing in mind the purpose of QUIVER prayer groups as described above.
- Approach God with boldness, confidence and reverence. Dispel all fear, because He is our loving, merciful and faithful Father. – Hebrews 4:16
- Invite the Holy Spirit to help you to pray according to the will of God. – Romans 8:26-27
- Have your bibles in hand, to read, and/or also receive a word from God.
- Share relevant prayer topics with the group
- Prepare your hearts, confess sin, unforgiveness, etc – Psalm 24:3-4. Plead the blood of Jesus Christ over your lives and families.
- Rest in the assurance of God’s protection, reminding yourselves of the whole armour of God and the weapons of our warfare – Ephesians 6:10-18; 2 Corinthians 10:3-6
- Start by thanking, praising and worshipping God, and include these in all aspects of your prayers.
- Read the scriptures. Faith builds up in you as you read the scriptures. If anyone receives a scripture whilst you are praying, she may share it with the group
- Pray with all kinds of prayers, as led by the Spirit. However you choose to pray, pray earnestly, fervently, passionately, sincerely and with expectancy.
- Focus prayer on the UK. See page 9 for a map of the UK showing the historic counties.
- Spend some time waiting on the Lord, listening to what He may have to say, perhaps a scripture or a word of encouragement/direction or a revelation. Be expectant!
- Above all, RELY ON THE HOLY SPIRIT for strength, direction and grace to pray according to the will of God – Romans 8:26-27.
- Keep a journal to record and monitor answers to prayer. This helps build up faith as you review answered prayers
- Share significant testimonies with others or send them to us to be included in the QUIVER newsletter.
- Spend a few moments praying for each other, for your families, possessions, needs, etc
- Pray that QUIVER will grow and expand until every village, town and city in the UK has a group of women praying for that community and the nation
- Continue to pray daily, not just when the group meets
WATCH AND PRAY
Each Quiver group will watch over and pray for the community and nation.
- Be focused, wide-eyed, observant and attentive
Isaiah 62:6-7 (NLT)
“O Jerusalem, I have posted watchmen on your walls; they will pray day and night, continually. Take no rest, all you who pray to the Lord. Give the Lord no rest until He completes His work, until He makes Jerusalem the pride of the earth.”
- Position yourself – have a determination to pray.
- Pray day and night continually
- Take no rest. Do not rest on your laurels. Don’t give up
- Don’t give the Lord rest – be persistent and persevering
- Communicate with God.
The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain; and it did not rain on the land for three years and six months. And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth produced its fruit.
- Effective –for prayer to be effective or effectual and in force, it must be based on faith. Faith develops through knowing and acting on God’s word, therefore, effective prayer must be based on God’s word.
- Fervent – pray with fervency and passion. Feel the urgency and burden
- Prayer of the Righteous – This type of prayer is what is expected from the righteous. We are the righteousness of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
- Avails much – produces results. This will happen if we persevere in prayer. Revival will come!
- Pray until revival breaks forth and we see change! Don’t give up! PUSH...